Information Technology Management
A degree in Information Technology Management from MVNU seamlessly blends the worlds of business and technology, preparing you with both the leadership skills needed to be an effective manager and the hands-on experience needed to work with cutting edge technology.
You will learn what it takes to oversee and get involved in a multitude of projects, from simple server integration to the daily challenge of maintaining the resources necessary to keep institutions functioning at peak efficiency.
- Cross-disciplinary learning — As an MVNU Information Technology Management major, you will have the opportunity to learn in both the Computer Science and Business departments. Both of these departments have strong reputations for educating excellent graduates. With this program, you will get the best of both worlds.
- Learning abroad — In our program, you will get to take part in a longstanding tradition of meaningful service learning projects, such as working on educational technologies with schools in Belize, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, and the Philippines.
- Professional opportunities — Virtually all graduates have jobs in their field upon graduation with current average starting salaries of around $50,000. That’s well above the national average.
- Professional opportunities — You will have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus region and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
- Dr. Ronald Bolender
- Professor of Organizational Leadership
- Professor Timothy Chesnut
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. James Dalton
- Professor of Accounting
- Dr. Kevin Hughes
- Professor of Management, Associate Dean for GPS Administration
- Professor Judy Madtes
- Assistant Professor of Business
- Dr. Kelly Rush
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. Mark Shoaf
- Professor of Management
- Dr. Melanie Spangler-Timmerman
- Professor of Business, School Dean
MVNU is known for preparing savvy, real-world-ready Business graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round lecture hall in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features an up-to-date computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. These 28 computers are available for student use throughout the day and evening when classes are not in session.
- Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need. Guided by academic advisors and business experts, the student leaders of Enactus create and implement community empowerment projects around the globe.
- The Belize Clean Water Coalition focuses on purifying the unclean drinking water in the country of Belize in three villages. MVNU Enactus members travel to Belize to educate children and adults about the importance of clean drinking water by introducing the Berkey Water Filtration system that purifies a sustainable amount of water at one time.
- The International Business Institute is designed to give students an opportunity to experience the international dimension of the many fields of business. The program is 10 weeks long and includes periods of residence in key locations as well as coordinated visits and presentations in the major political and economic centers of Russia, The European Union, India, and China.
With an Information Technology Management degree, you will be properly prepared for a wide variety of positions. You could pursue a career as an information systems manager, software applications developer, IT project manager, computer systems engineer, database administrator, or one of a number of other options available in this ever-growing industry.
MVNU graduates have become:
- IT Technicians
- Technical Analysts
- And more