MBA - HCA
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the health care industry is the fastest-growing sector of the U.S. economy and is expected to add the most jobs of any industry in the next ten years. Health care offers unique opportunities for service and compassionate care.
The MVNU School of Graduate & Professional Studies is proud to offer a Master of Business Administration — Health Care Administration degree program that is intentionally designed for ambitious adults to get a high-quality education while maintaining personal and professional responsibilities.
All of our graduate business degrees offer students an engaging curriculum that will equip them with the skills necessary to become competent, confident, and informed leaders in today's marketplace — leaders who are able to plan projects, achieve goals, and meet the expectations of today's business world with integrity.
- Relevant knowledge — Our HCA courses focus on current trends in the health care, providing you with the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge available. Focus is also given to gaining insight from current, real-life leadership scenarios in the health care market.
- Broad applications — Students will develop an understanding of current trends in healthcare finance, delivery systems, technology, patient information systems, and government regulation and apply these concepts to healthcare organizations.
- Be in high demand — The demand for our graduates is high. After one employee graduates from MVNU, many employers express high satisfaction with the knowledge their employee gained and enter additional students into the program.
- Quality education — Our graduate business programs are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org) and approved by the Ohio Board of Regents (regents.state.oh.us).
- Ethical Leadership
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Legal Issues in Management
- Global Business
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
Health Care Administration
- Ethical Leadership in Health Care Administration
- Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- Health Services Strategy
- Management of Health Care Human Resources
- Quality Management in Health Care Organizations
- Current Trends in Health Care
Although we try to keep our admissions process as straightforward as possible, our knowledgeable staff is always available and happy to help you. Once you have completed and submitted your application materials, the Graduate Business Admissions Committee will determine your acceptance status.
Admission requirements include:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Students with an undergraduate cumulative GPA below 2.8 may be accepted on academic probation.
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 80 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 550 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of graduate business course work, provided that the courses were earned from a regionally accredited institution, a grade of B or higher was earned, and they are applicable to MVNU's program. Transfer credit is evaluated on a course-by-course basis and must be approved by the program coordinator for the student's intended graduate business degree. Prior learning credit cannot be awarded for a graduate business degree.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.